Thursday, September 12, 2013

Aromatherapy or Not?

Like you, I also have to watch how much I spend. Things are still tough for a lot of us, right now. I can see it in your eyes when you come in to the Dog Wash. I don't know about you, but if I go home stressed and tired from work. I am immediately surrounded by my dogs. Does this happen to you? Sometimes after a long day, I ask them to back up and give me 5 minutes to unwind. To which , they respond by jumping up on me and licking me. I am positive I am not alone with this scenario. This is why dogs are known as "Mans best friend"

Your dogs are always and unconditionally happy to see you. They know when you are down or even sick. (sometimes even before you do). I have noticed when I am stressed out the dogs follow me everywhere. It's like they are trying to absorb the stress from me. Who absorbs their stress? Especially during the summer when it is too hot for them to be outside for long?

That is where your groomer comes in. For example if you were to walk into the Dog Wash, tell us how you wanted your dogs hair cut, then you said you would also like his/her teeth brushed. We would do it. You might have experienced this conversation as well. For $5 more we could do the Aromatherapy Treatment. It comes with a specific shampoo, facial, paw scrub and 5 minute massage. A lot of times you will say no, just the teeth brushed, which is fine. Do you really know what the entire package would do your dogs?

We have 8 Different Shampoos, we alternate each month a different scent. Each shampoo has a different purpose. Let's say you have been sick and your dog has been in bed with you the last couple of days. You might notice he/she are as down as you are. If that was the case we would suggest White Tea, which is an uplifting, scent or maybe even Sweet Apricot, which refreshes and renews. If your dog is stressed we might suggest Kava Kava, which relieves stress.

It's not always about the money, its about keeping you and your dog happy. Our aromatherapy treatment is one way to do that.

1 comment: